5 of 5 ( 6 votes )
- Alic Szecsei
- File Size
- 1.5 MB
- Release Date
- 2012-12-13 18:32:34
- Version Updated Date
- 2012-12-13 18:32:34
- Minimum iOS Version 4.3 - iPhone3GS - iPadWifi - iPad3G - iPodTouchThirdGen - iPhone4 - iPodTouchFourthGen - iPad2Wifi - iPad23G - iPhone4S - iPadThirdGen - iPadThirdGen4G - iPhone5 - iPodTouchFifthGen - iPadFourthGen - iPadFourthGen4G - iPadMini - iPadMini4G - iPhone5c - iPhone5s - iPadAir - iPadAirCellular - iPadMiniRetina - iPadMiniRetinaCellular - iPhone6 - iPhone6Plus - iPadAir2 - iPadAir2Cellular - iPadMini3 - iPadMini3Cellular - iPodTouchSixthGen - iPhone6s - iPhone6sPlus - iPadMini4 - iPadMini4Cellular - iPadPro - iPadProCellular - iPadPro97 - iPadPro97Cellular - iPhoneSE - iPhone7 - iPhone7Plus - iPad611 - iPad612 - iPad71 - iPad72 - iPad73 - iPad74 - iPhone8 - iPhone8Plus - iPhoneX - iPad75 - iPad76
People perform random acts of kindness every day, in every location around the world. These kind acts can be directed towards other people, animals, and the planet. This app enables people to anonymously report these random acts as they witness them! Reporting an act is as simple as pressing a button on the screen. Actions are grouped together to make reporting easy:
• Friendly Pedestrian: Something as simple as a smile can be incredibly uplifting and make people feel welcome in a community
• Kind Stranger: Helping someone find their way, giving a pair of gloves to someone on a cold night, feeding someone who is hungry, and other similar actions make the world a better place
• Courteous Person: Opening the door for someone, letting someone go ahead of you in line, giving up your cab, and other kind acts have a positive impact on other people
• Went Above and Beyond: Excellent service at a restaurant or business, guiding someone to their destination, or taking that extra step to take care of another person means a lot
• Caring Neighbor: Raking leaves, shoveling snow, delivering meals, and other good deeds make a neighborhood special
• Polite Driver: letting a another driver merge into a lane, stopping for pedestrians, sharing the road with bicycles, and other thoughtful acts make our roads safer
• Environmental Citizen: Picking up trash, recycling, planting trees, and being kind to our planet helps us all
• Responsible Pet Owner: taking good care of our pets, cleaning up after them, and being kind to animals is a positive thing
• Lost Item Returned: Returning a wallet, a pet, or other lost item can bring relief to the person who lost it
• Random Act of Kindness: These random acts may not fit into the previous categories, but are definitely worth reporting!
As part of the reporting process, you will have the option to either share the event, or share and take a photo. Photos you take will be stored in the camera roll.
Report these acts of kindness as you see them. Then look at the map to see how your community compares with those around you (the map can be filtered to show acts by category). Find the “kindness” hot-spots (and hopefully make your neighborhood a bright spot on the map!). The map is dynamic...only events reported over the last few days are displayed, so you can see how your community changes over time. Hopefully this app will encourage people to notice these acts of kindness, then actively look for and report these acts of kindness, and finally to perform these acts of kindness. Together we can make the world a better place!
This app does collect some basic user information (mainly the gps coordinates of the location where the act of kindness is reported).