4.5 of 5 ( 310 votes )
- Double Dog Studios
- USD 4.99
- File Size
- 102.93 MB
- Release Date
- 2009-07-24 23:52:10
- Version Updated Date
- 2018-04-28 19:19:15
- Release Notes
- * Fixing bug that caused some update issues.
- Minimum iOS Version 9.0 - iPad2Wifi - iPad23G - iPhone4S - iPadThirdGen - iPadThirdGen4G - iPhone5 - iPodTouchFifthGen - iPadFourthGen - iPadFourthGen4G - iPadMini - iPadMini4G - iPhone5c - iPhone5s - iPadAir - iPadAirCellular - iPadMiniRetina - iPadMiniRetinaCellular - iPhone6 - iPhone6Plus - iPadAir2 - iPadAir2Cellular - iPadMini3 - iPadMini3Cellular - iPodTouchSixthGen - iPhone6s - iPhone6sPlus - iPadMini4 - iPadMini4Cellular - iPadPro - iPadProCellular - iPadPro97 - iPadPro97Cellular - iPhoneSE - iPhone7 - iPhone7Plus - iPad611 - iPad612 - iPad71 - iPad72 - iPad73 - iPad74 - iPhone8 - iPhone8Plus - iPhoneX - iPad75 - iPad76 - iPhoneXS - iPhoneXSMax - iPhoneXR - iPad812 - iPad834 - iPad856 - iPad878 - Watch4 - iPadMini5 - iPadMini5Cellular - iPadAir3 - iPadAir3Cellular - iPodTouchSeventhGen
Hundreds of pages of boating information on your iPhone,iPod Touch or iPad! The Boater’s Pocket Reference caters to all levels of boating expertise with a wide variety of content including 800 illustrations and photographs and a myriad of charts and graphs. Boater’s Pocket Reference is a popular and useful printed book and the app is even better.
Handy, Fact-Filled Boating Guide
Boater’s Pocket Reference offers handy, how-to-do-it information and reference facts, figures, formulas, graphs, and tables about boating.
Who needs this book?
New boaters: This app provides an extensive introduction to all aspects of boating.
Experienced boaters: A great reference and memory jogger.
Everyone who wants to make their boating safer and more enjoyable.
* Piloting and Navigation—including the use of charts, GPS, radar, and sonar.
* Communications—VHF, SSB, satellite.
* U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard boating regulations
* International, U.S., and Canadian Navigation Rules (Rules of the Road)
* Understanding aids to navigation
* Understanding weather—air movement, fronts, clouds, weather maps.
* Boat types, design, and construction as well as boating terminology
* The essentials of good seamanship—the basics of operating a boat.
* Marlinespike seamanship—lines and knots—including 50 different knots.
* Mechanical—engines and propellers.
* Electrical—circuits, DC and AC wiring, batteries, chargers, inverters, lightning.
* Boat trailering tips, techniques, maintenance, wiring.
* General reference tables—time zones, holidays, weight and volume of liquids, and more.
* Extensive unit conversion tables
* Boating resources—organizations, phone numbers, web sites, including Coast Guard and Power Squadron.
* Glossary of marine terminology.
* Over 100 boating-related calculators.
No boater can afford to be without this valuable and handy guide.
About the Author
Thomas McEwen is an avid boater and former mining engineer. Tom is also a member of the Boulder Valley Sail and Power Squadron in Colorado.
You might also be interested in our other boating apps:
- Navigation Rules
- Boating Calcs
- Ship Captain's Medical Guide