- Morphonix LLC
- File Size
- 295.14 MB
- Release Date
- 2015-11-16 18:21:00
- Version Updated Date
- 2015-11-16 18:21:00
- Release Notes
- This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
- Minimum iOS Version 8.0 - iPad2Wifi - iPad23G - iPhone4S - iPadThirdGen - iPadThirdGen4G - iPhone5 - iPodTouchFifthGen - iPadFourthGen - iPadFourthGen4G - iPadMini - iPadMini4G - iPhone5c - iPhone5s - iPadAir - iPadAirCellular - iPadMiniRetina - iPadMiniRetinaCellular - iPhone6 - iPhone6Plus - iPadAir2 - iPadAir2Cellular - iPadMini3 - iPadMini3Cellular - iPodTouchSixthGen - iPhone6s - iPhone6sPlus - iPadMini4 - iPadMini4Cellular - iPadPro - iPadProCellular - iPadPro97 - iPadPro97Cellular - iPhoneSE - iPhone7 - iPhone7Plus - iPad611 - iPad612 - iPad71 - iPad72 - iPad73 - iPad74 - iPhone8 - iPhone8Plus - iPhoneX - iPad75 - iPad76 - iPhoneXS - iPhoneXSMax - iPhoneXR - iPad812 - iPad834 - iPad856 - iPad878 - iPadMini5 - iPadMini5Cellular - iPadAir3 - iPadAir3Cellular - iPodTouchSeventhGen
For the best experience, we recommend an iPad Air (or newer), iPad mini 2 (or newer), or iPhone 5s (or newer).
Feeling Mindful helps children reach a mindful state and understand their feelings through gameplay that is captivating yet Zen-like in its simplicity. Kids recognize that it’s okay to have emotions and that emotions are changing all the time. At the same time, the graphics, music, and gameplay guide kids into mindfulness.
Feeling Mindful is the only app that teaches young children (ages 5-8) about both emotions and mindful living. In a world full of stress and distraction, this carefully designed game invites kids into a state that is present and focused yet relaxed and tranquil. Kids this age also grapple with the fluid nature of their feelings, and this noncompetitive game assures them that it’s all right to have those feelings and to understand that they will shift and change.
The gameplay is simple and intuitive yet endlessly enchanting. The player chooses the face with the emotional expression different from the others in a sea of fish. When the player taps the different expression, all the rest change to display the new emotion. The expressions are based on well-established scientific research into basic human emotions.
A separate Did You Know section teaches that fundamental emotions are regulated by a part of your brain called the Amygdala, and a song conveys this content in a fun way. A second Did You Know section and song teaches children how to breathe in a way that brings about tranquil mindfulness.
In the full version of Feeling Mindful, there are five additional levels in which the emotional expressions are shown on birds, jellyfish, balloons, and faces. A customizing level allows children to take photos of themselves displaying a range of emotions and make their own faces part of the game.
Feeling Mindful is part of Morphonix’s NeuroPlay Adventures series: mobile apps, stories and songs that introduce children ages 5 - 8 to the workings of the brain in a fun and engaging way. It is designed for children age 5-8, but older kids and adults have also found it captivating and helpful in reaching a mindful state.
In the process of playing children will:
• Gain a new sense of wonder and appreciation for their brain.
• Appreciate what an amazing and vital organ the human brain is.
• Learn the Amygdala is an almond-shaped cluster of small structures that plays a key role in regulating emotions like anger, fear, love, and sadness.
About Morphonix ™LLC
Morphonix is an award-winning developer of learning games that teach children about neuroscience in fun and engaging ways.
To play more Morphonix games, visit:
Development of this app was supported by the National Institute of Mental Health of the National Institutes of Health under Award #R44MH096339. The content is solely the responsibility of the developers and does not represent the official views of The National Institutes of Health.