4.5 of 5 ( 717 votes )
- Alexander Zolotov
- USD 5.99
- File Size
- 25.38 MB
- Release Date
- 2009-08-04 01:11:26
- Version Updated Date
- 2018-08-05 00:33:39
- Release Notes
- v1.9.4b/c: bug fixes.
* user files are now available through the Files app;
* partial USB/Bluetooth keyboard support (no key release, no Home/End, no F1/F2/...);
* improved iPhone X display support;
* sound engine optimization;
* indicating the modules whose controllers are tied to the MIDI;
* additional slider for scrolling the controllers when there is not enough space on the screen;
* spectrogram has been added to the to the spectrum analyzer;
* detailed settings of the spectrum analyzer are now available through the main menu -> Preferences -> Modules;
* Amplifier: new controller "Gain" for high amplification (x100, x1000 and higher);
* Analog Generator: new option "True zero attack/release" - turn it on when you need a very fast (instantaneous) zero attack or/and release;
* Analog Generator: new waveforms: "noise with spline interpolation (sampler)", "white noise", "pink noise", "red noise", "blue noise", "violet noise", "grey noise";
* Compressor: new mode "peak zero latency" for compression/limiting without delay; modes "peak" and "RMS" operate with a delay of 1 ms;
* Distortion: new types: "foldback2", "foldback3", "overflow";
* LFO: new waveform "random interpolated" (same as random (5), but with a smoother transition between the signal levels);
* DrumSynth: three additional panning controllers for the bass, hihat and snare;
* Kicker and DrumSynth: panning controller can now be set locally (for each note separately);
* Kicker: "Boost" (old name - "Vol.addition") controller works again after it was accidentally broken in SunVox 1.6 :) (base SunVox version in the project properties must be 1.9.4 or higher);
* MultiCtl: new controllers "Response" and "Sample rate" to smoothly change the output value; response=1000 - immediate change; response<1000 - smooth change; optimal sample rate = 150Hz, please avoid higher values without the urgent need;
* Timeline: new function "set restart position" - use it to change the position which the project should restart from after the project end;
* pattern effect 03 (slide to note): default speed value (XXYY) is 256 (100 in hex);
* new pattern effect 24: take a note from line XXYY on the same track; if the note to the left of the effect is specified, it will be used as the transposition value (relative to C5: c5 - one semitone higher, C4 - one octave lower, etc.); if the module number is missing, then the module number from line XXYY will be used;
* new pattern effect 25: take a random note from the range of lines XX..YY (inclusive) on the same track;
* new pattern effect 26: take a note from track XXYY on the same line;
* new pattern effect 27: take a random note from the range of tracks XX..YY (inclusive) on the same line;
* new pattern effect 28: take a note from line XXYY on track 0;
* new pattern effect 29: take a random note from the range of lines XX..YY (inclusive) on track 0; see example "pat effect 29 random note from trk0";
* module remapping: "pattern" button has been added;
* dialog window shortcuts: Y or ENTER = first button on the left; N = second button; ESC = cancel; 1...9 = buttons from left to right;
* if you enter the file name "exporttest" when exporting to WAV, the SunVox engine speed test will be performed (without saving to disk);
* new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT + N - new project;
* new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F10 - play from the pattern cursor;
* new instruments: keyboard/NR SuperSaw (lo-fi), analog11, analog12, pads/analog_distorted2, wind/NR Sax;
* new instruments and effects from other users (see the instruments and effects folders);
* new simple examples: idm, pat effect 29 random note from trk0.
- Minimum iOS Version 8.0 - iPad2Wifi - iPad23G - iPhone4S - iPadThirdGen - iPadThirdGen4G - iPhone5 - iPodTouchFifthGen - iPadFourthGen - iPadFourthGen4G - iPadMini - iPadMini4G - iPhone5c - iPhone5s - iPadAir - iPadAirCellular - iPadMiniRetina - iPadMiniRetinaCellular - iPhone6 - iPhone6Plus - iPadAir2 - iPadAir2Cellular - iPadMini3 - iPadMini3Cellular - iPodTouchSixthGen - iPhone6s - iPhone6sPlus - iPadMini4 - iPadMini4Cellular - iPadPro - iPadProCellular - iPadPro97 - iPadPro97Cellular - iPhoneSE - iPhone7 - iPhone7Plus - iPad611 - iPad612 - iPad71 - iPad72 - iPad73 - iPad74 - iPhone8 - iPhone8Plus - iPhoneX - iPad75 - iPad76 - iPhoneXS - iPhoneXSMax - iPhoneXR - iPad812 - iPad834 - iPad856 - iPad878 - Watch4 - iPadMini5 - iPadMini5Cellular - iPadAir3 - iPadAir3Cellular - iPodTouchSeventhGen
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export.
• WiFi import/export.
• MIDI file import/export.
• MIDI IN/OUT.
• Mic/Line-in recording (using the Sampler).
• Audiobus 3 (with MIDI) and IAA support.
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
To connect one module (source) to another (destination): first touch on the source, second touch on the destination.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Multisample instrument;
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: [email protected]
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
User manual and FAQ:
Development status of the new version: