5 of 5 ( 752117 votes )
- Aviation Data Systems, Inc
- File Size
- 170.29 MB
- Release Date
- 2009-07-17 18:02:26
- Version Updated Date
- 2019-11-15 23:38:42
- Release Notes
- LOTS of under-the-hood changes for an upcoming modernization of the App's UI, as well as a number of bug fixes.
- Dutch, Flemish
- Spanish, Castilian
- Minimum iOS Version 11.0 - Watch4 - iPhone5s - iPadAir - iPadAirCellular - iPadMiniRetina - iPadMiniRetinaCellular - iPhone6 - iPhone6Plus - iPadAir2 - iPadAir2Cellular - iPadMini3 - iPadMini3Cellular - iPodTouchSixthGen - iPhone6s - iPhone6sPlus - iPadMini4 - iPadMini4Cellular - iPadPro - iPadProCellular - iPadPro97 - iPadPro97Cellular - iPhoneSE - iPhone7 - iPhone7Plus - iPad611 - iPad612 - iPad71 - iPad72 - iPad73 - iPad74 - iPhone8 - iPhone8Plus - iPhoneX - iPad75 - iPad76 - iPhoneXS - iPhoneXSMax - iPhoneXR - iPad812 - iPad834 - iPad856 - iPad878 - iPadMini5 - iPadMini5Cellular - iPadAir3 - iPadAir3Cellular - iPodTouchSeventhGen - iPhone11 - iPhone11Pro - iPadSeventhGen - iPadSeventhGenCellular - iPhone11ProMax
Thanks to everyone for making MyRadar so successful, with over 45 million downloads!
MyRadar is a fast, powerful, easy-to-use weather app that displays animated weather radar around your current location and to quickly show what weather is coming your way. Just start the app; your location pops up with animated live radar, with radar loop lengths of up to two hours. This basic functionality provides the quickest way to get a snapshot of the weather on-the-go, and it's what has made MyRadar so successful over the years. Check your phone and get an instant assessment of the weather that will impact your day.
In addition to the live radar, MyRadar has an ever-increasing list of weather and environmentally-related data layers that you can overlay on top of the map; our animated winds layer shows a breathtaking visual representation of both surface winds and winds at the jetstream level; the frontal boundaries layer shows high and low pressure systems as well as frontal boundaries themselves; the earthquakes layer is a great way to stay on top of the latest reports on seismic activity, completely customizable as to severity and time; our hurricane layer allows users to stay on top of the latest tropical storm and hurricane activity throughout the world; the aviation layer overlays AIRMETs, SIGMETs and other aviation-related data, including the ability to track flights and display their IFR flight plans and paths, and the "wildfires" layer allows users to stay abreast of the latest fire activity around the United States.
MyRadar also has the ability to send weather and environmental alerts, including alerts from the National Weather Service, such as Tornado and Severe Weather alerts. A new feature introduced in this version of MyRadar includes the ability to receive alerts based off of Tropical Storm and Hurricane activity; you can configure the app to send you an alert any time a tropical storm or hurricane forms, or is upgraded or downgraded.
One of the most useful features in MyRadar is the ability to provide advanced rain alerts; our patent-pending process for predicting hyper-local rainfall is the most accurate in the industry. Instead of having to check the app all the time, MyRadar will send you an alert up to an hour in advance as to when the rain will arrive at your current location, down to the minute, including details on intensity and duration. These alerts can be a life saver when you're on-the-go and don't always have time to check the weather - our systems will proactively do the work for you and let you know in advance before the rain hits.
In addition to the free features of the app, additional upgrades are available, including real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season. The hurricane tracker provides additional data above and beyond the free version, including the cone of probability for tropical storm/hurricane forecast tracks, and it also includes a detailed synopsis from the National Hurricane Center. The premium upgrades also include the professional radar pack, which allows greater detail of radar from individual stations. Users can select individual radar stations around the US, select the radar tilt angle, and also change the radar product being displayed, including base reflectivity and wind velocity - great for experienced weather buffs looks to stay on top of possible tornado formation.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
* Aviation Charts subscription (not required in order to use MyRadar) ($24.95 USD per YEAR)
* Payments will be charged to your iTunes account
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
Full terms of service: https://myradar.com/terms